Describe your job in couple of sentences.
I am responsible for all aspects of running the company (high-end jewelry manufacturing &
retail). This includes future strategy, product design and pricing, overseeing product
manufacture & amp; product presentation.
When did you know what you wanted to do?
From the age of about 16
Did you go to university, go straight into the workforce or do an apprenticeship?
It was far less common to go to university when I was 17/18, so I went straight into the
workplace. My first job was on the shop-floor of one of the company’s branches learning about
product and sales. This early experience certainly has stood me in good stead throughout my
Have you done other jobs in your life.
How did you find out about your job (how it existed)?
The company was a well-established family business when I joined.
How did you get the job you wanted- steps and process?
There was no real process
What qualities do you need to have to be successful in your field?
My view applies to all ‘fields’.
1. Passion. Whatever career you choose you have a passion for the work. If you do not
enjoy what you do you will not be successful.
2. Perseverance. There will be times when you will really think ‘is it worth it’. The answer
has to be yes.
3. Communication. It is essential to fully communicate to others otherwise they will not
understand what you are trying to achieve.
4. Honesty. Never promise what you can’t deliver and always, always keep your word.
Your reputation is one of your most precious assets.
5. Never stop learning. Always try to see over the hill & not get stuck in the present.
Who inspires you?:
I’m inspired most by the designers of the past who worked for major jewellery houses such as
Cartier, Faberge, Lalique, & others.