David Sims is an internationally renowned fashion photographer.
He wants to produce your shoot.
British photographer David Sims is renowned for his distinct style and consistently shattering the conventions of photography. David Sims published his first work at 19 years old for i-D magazine and emerged as a key figure in the early 90’s. Over the past two decades Sims has contributed to influential publications French, US and Italian Vogue, W Magazine, I-D, Vogue Homme International, Arena Homme Plus, The Face, Self Service and more. His commercial clients include Saint Laurent, Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Helmut Lang, Yohji Yamamoto, Prada and Givenchy. Sims more recently has collaborated with Aries Arise, Palace, Supreme and artist Jeremy Deller with outputs ranging from books, exhibitions, films and imagery.
www.davidsims.com | @davidsimsofficial
- Produce and submit a photograph, accompanied with a GIF that you believe has relevance in contemporary fashion
- Your image and GIF must be submitted with a brief explanation of the work and your reasoning behind it
- Photograph and GIF can be taken using any device
- Can be in black and white or colour
- Can either be edited or unedited
- Photograph must be uploaded in either JPEG or PDF format
- GIFs must be uploaded in .gif format
- Written brief must be in PDF format
Applicant must ensure that they receive written permission from anyone featured in their work for promotional purposes
This competition will close when 100 entries have been received
The winner will receive:
- One week mentorship with David Sims and his photography team .
- One full day in David’s London studio free of charge to produce a shoot, with the help of David and his team .
- Full access of Davids equipment for the day.
- Your choice as to whether you shoot on film or digital
The runner-up will receive a 1:1 critique for their work